85 mustang

i have a 85 mustang. im wanting to buy a urp tubular k member. chrome moly with spring perches. I will be using my factory a arms. as with most other k members you have to purchase more stuff to make them work. my question is do I have to buy other stuff or can I just bolt the k member in my car.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you need to buy anything else. The 85 k member mounting points are narrower ( wheels sit in more ) than the 87+. The arms themselves are the same.

Actually, I'm not sure when that changed. It may have been 84. Either way, you don't have to buy other stuff.

If i was doing it I'd want new bushings and ball joints in the control arms, some new front struts, a set of camber caster plates, new motor mounts, and a freshened up rack and pinion. You don't have to, but it would be nice to do it all while everything is out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I don't think you need to buy anything else. The 85 k member mounting points are narrower ( wheels sit in more ) than the 87+. The arms themselves are the same.

Actually, I'm not sure when that changed. It may have been 84. Either way, you don't have to buy other stuff.

If i was doing it I'd want new bushings and ball joints in the control arms, some new front struts, a set of camber caster plates, new motor mounts, and a freshened up rack and pinion. You don't have to, but it would be nice to do it all while everything is out.
Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to hear.