Electrical '86 Door lock wires - removed old alarm...

68keyblr

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Arizona
The PO of my son's '86 GT installed this nutty alarm with keyless entry. We removed the alarm and discovered they did a real hack job on the wiring. We got everything working again except the door locks. We are left with these 2 pink wires with nothing to connect them to. They are behind the driver kick panel right by the feed into the door from the cabin. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Door Lock Wires 2.jpg
    Door Lock Wires 2.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Sponsors (?)

I think they are for the door locks but not sure.
Yes I agree. It looks like they cut these wires to hook up relays. I can't find the other ends of the wires, so I'm wondering if there was a connector attached that they cut off? There is a 4-wire connector that is loose and not connected to anything.

If I put +12v to either of these wires nothing happens. I was testing to see if it activated the door locks but no dice.

Ford door locks work a little different than normal. The outputs from the switch a reversed negative and positive to activate lock and unlock. One wire 12v other neg and new becomes 12v and 12v becomes neg. This is why relays are needed to switch polarity of the wires. The alarm couldn't do that internally.

That pink wire should be for power windows according to schematic. You should be looking for a pink / orange stripe and a pink / black stripe. The pink and orange stripe wire looks like the one with that blue aftermarket connector on it in the background in your pic.

Reactions: 1 user