87 GT vert weatherstripping

stefan9

Sep 10, 2019
Leominster, MA
I have a 1987 Mustang GT vert that I am in the process of overhauling. Last year I pulled all the weatherstripping in the front doors and ordered the entire kit from LMR. Now I am having problems getting it back together and I didn't take pictures or keep the bad weatherstripping. Specifically I am having a problem with the "front run channel weatherstrip" (LRS-20564BPR) on LMR. When I install the weatherstripping it is very tight around the area where the mirror mounts. It almost looks like the weatherstripping needs to be modified or cut to fit properly. I don't have the original weatherstripping to compare the replacement pieces to. Before I cut it, does anyone with an 87-88 convertible take a picture of what the weatherstripping looks like behind the inside quarter mirror cover? Much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Sponsors(?)

lemosley1973

Feb 18, 2019
Clover, SC
Ford seems to have changed the mounting location of the mirrors on 1988. My 88 has the mirrors mounted on the door. I was going to snap a pic but realized your setup is different than mine.