Progress Thread 88 Black GT - DD

Some additional progress has been made but nothing picture worthy. I was having a creaking noise coming for the rear lower control arms. I pulled them out to check the torque boxes which were fine. Then checked the bushings which where still in good shape, but the center metal bushing had some rust buildup on the inside. Took a drill and cleaned up the inside so the bolt moved freely again. Regreased all the bushings inside/outside back to new and put it back together. The creaking noise is now gone and rides even smoother than before.

I have also been having a slow overheating issue when sitting in traffic. The car still has the original 2-row brass radiator in it and just believe its not up to the task of the stop-go traffic. So I went ahead and bought a new 3-row SVE aluminum from LMR, and to go with it the other parts on my long list of stuff including door run channel weatherstripping and steering rack limiters. I have been picking and choosing the worst items as they come up.

Still have to address to the (2) water leaks that I have one from the sunroof and the other is coming from the windshield. Just need to pull the sunroof and re silicone the mounts and the top windshield molding needs to come off to silicone the top of it as well. I can then focus on the A/C and the other interior updates it needs.
Been following your progress.. Amazing work and inspiring!
I'm also restoring my '87 black vert. TLC from A to Z.
Loving your brake booster rehab. Please allow me to show you mine..

Beginning to end.

IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4396.jpg
IMG_4718.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4823.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll let you in on sun roof maintenance that rarely gets done. The corners have (as you know) the drains, spray a little WD40 or blaster letting soak for a few then blow some air into the hole, low pressure.
There is actually a post in my thread on me cleaning mine.

Reactions: 1 user