90 Gt Problems Any Suggestions? Clunking

ESO6200

Mar 23, 2016
Hello i am new to this forum but inhave 1990 mustang auto (AOD) so i have a problem thats really having me worried.. Everytime i hit about 25-35 mph the car shakes ican get through the shaking if i press on the gas harder ifeel like its the tranny ....then when im slowing down ihear and feel a clunking torwards the rear of the car and it always shakes real hard .. ?? I already swapped my tranny mount and my u joints please help

• Sponsors (?)

Look at the rear flange of the driveshaft; there should be a dab of yellow paint on it. There should be a similar dab of yellow paint on the differential yolk. The two dabs of paint should be as close to each other as possible. If they aren't, you have an out of balance condition. The fix is the remove the bolts from the rear driveshaft and then line up the dabs of paint as closely as possible. Then put the bolts back in and tighten them up.

Look at the rear flange of the driveshaft; there should be a dab of yellow paint on it. There should be a similar dab of yellow paint on the differential yolk. The two dabs of paint should be as close to each other as possible. If they aren't, you have an out of balance condition. The fix is the remove the bolts from the rear driveshaft and then line up the dabs of paint as closely as possible. Then put the bolts back in and tighten them up.
Okay ill check that out thank you. It was doing this before i changed the u joints which was yesterday that i changed them . What would be the symptoms of a out of balance drive shaft?