90 Vert...... (interior questions)

93 LX

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2000
Norwalk, CA.
Just picked up a 90 GT Vert for my daughter. Her 86 got hit and the insurance company totalled it. I decided to keep the car and it has turned in to my summer project! The 86 was going to be her graduation present from College but she has decided to come back home and try a different school with a different degree. Anyway I got her the 90 and it has some broken interior parts.

I am looking in the boneyards, but as of yet have come up empty. I am looking for the speaker assembles. These speakers are in the upper part of the interior panel not in the kick panel part behind the carpet like in my "project 86". Also the color is kind of wierd. It look grey but om some parts it looks opel grey, like my 93. Did the opel grey color exist in 90?

Anyway let me know if you know where to get these items.

• Sponsors (?)

Just picked up a 90 GT Vert for my daughter. Her 86 got hit and the insurance company totalled it. I decided to keep the car and it has turned in to my summer project! The 86 was going to be her graduation present from College but she has decided to come back home and try a different school with a different degree. Anyway I got her the 90 and it has some broken interior parts.

I am looking in the boneyards, but as of yet have come up empty. I am looking for the speaker assembles. These speakers are in the upper part of the interior panel not in the kick panel part behind the carpet like in my "project 86". Also the color is kind of wierd. It look grey but om some parts it looks opel grey, like my 93. Did the opel grey color exist in 90?

Anyway let me know if you know where to get these items.

I believe 93 was the first year of Opal Grey

I would search latemodelrestoration.com, foxmustangrestoration.com, ebay, craigslist.

I would search latemodelrestoration.com, foxmustangrestoration.com, ebay, craigslist.

I have some real issue with Latemodel Resto. I have bought a few items that have been less then an acceptable aftermarket replacement. Example the speedo cable I bought was a cheap, and when i say cheap i mean cheap, asian unit and it did not fit correctly nor did it have any mounting for the chassis like the factory unit. When I called them to complain I was given the attitude" you know Ford does not make them any more" and when I told him I got one from NAPA that was aftermarket but a unit that more closely fit the factory model the guy said " well I dont buy the parts". I got am RMA but for 16 bucks and my shipping costs it was more hassle then it was worth.

Anyway I will check out the other sources. Thanks.....

I had to get a set of rear speaker assemblies for my 93 and the only place that I could find them was Ebay at the time. You might also want to check with some of the Mustang specific JYs and see if they have a set.

And like Sammich said Opal Grey is a 93 only color. That doesn't mean that someone did not swap so Opal parts in as a replacement at some time in the past.