Engine 92 GT TDC verification

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So it's been forever since my car got any attention, however I'm finally finding the time and motivation to finish it up. I had a fuel rail fitment issue which made it necessary to remove the lower and of course I marked nothing. I'm now at the point where it's time to drop the distributor back in and just would like some verification I'm in the right place so I can cross timing off the list if I have any problems starting the car.

Timing was set by turning the motor until air came out and continuing to turn the crank to 0 on the pointer. Both valves for cylinder one appear closed which should verify I'm on the compression stroke. Can anyone have a look at the pictures and verify for me? Thanks, and it's good to be back!

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Sponsors (?)

Awesome! Thank you for that. I've had a miserable time getting it to start and idle. Problem is it was running fine and I got sick of dealing with the issues I had from going On3 instead of one of the more expensive kits (v-bands all needed to be replaced) and slapped the Vortech V3 back on it with a 2.95 upper and 8" lower. While it was down for that it got a Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Aeromotive Stealth, 60lb injectors, 1-3/4 longtubes, O/R X and Bassani catback. So much changed in one shot that troubleshooting has been incredibly difficult. The car has good spark, compression, and fuel. Now timing can also be added to the list of known good items narrowing the problem to an issue that should be able to be tuned out. I'm going to start buttoning things back up after work today and see if I can get her turned over.