92 Mustang does not start, nothing seems to work

Hey guys, i'm having some trouble with my 92 5.0 and i'm not even sure where to begin. It isn't my daily driver and it hasn't really been driven in the past 6 months or so. I went to start it today and got NOTHING. Ok so I initially thought it was the battery, so I had it charged. Now when I put the key in the ignition it makes the beeping noise and the dome light is on. It will start up and turn over but then it immediately dies (as if it is not getting any fuel.) I had the fuel pump replaced about 2 years ago, so chances are it probably isn't that. When I turn the key to "on" nothing happens. The fuel pump doesn't prime. The gauges on the dash do not respond, and the radio does not come on. My accessory also doesn't seem to respond to the key either. Basically the only things that work right now are the door locks and headlights. I can't even put my windows down.

I checked the fuses and everything seems to be fine. I also checked the fuel cut-off switch in the trunk and that was pushed down. I'm not very electrically or mechanically savvy so I am asking you guys if anyone has seen or experienced this before. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Test the voltage of the battery at the posts. Then, have someone crank the car over with the meter still on the battery and see what the voltage drops to. I'd eliminate that the battery is holding a charge before I move on to anything else.

if you dont have a meter to test the voltage I would take your battery to auto zone to get them to test it. maybe you enough voltage to turn some stuff on but not enough for the stuff that draws more voltage to work.

some batteries dont like sitting that long. i know my walmart one didnt

I agree.
Check the battery better.
Charging a battery doesn't mean it's good. A bad battery will cause some odd things to happen.

Check the terminals for corronsion, also the positive and negative wires to make sure they are tight and clean.

If it is good, the fuel pump not priming is the next issue.
Check the relay to see if it clicks when you turn the key to the on position.

I found out what my problem was. It was my ignition switch. I found out if I held the key right at the point where it was about to start the car up and the fuel pump would prime and everything would function. I just pulled different stuff apart and when I checked that switch it fell apart into like 3 pieces into my hand. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Now its on to my broken smog pump line and the broken vacuum lines.