93 cobra ecu with stock maf?

I researched it as much as i could but ill try this. I have a 93 cobra ecu in my car with 24lb injectors, when i tried to run a calibrated 80mm maf the car ran like sh**. So i looked around and read to use a stock 19lb maf for it to run right, so i put the stock one on and it runs a lot better but is there more power there that im missing out on with this little maf?

• Sponsors (?)

Probably not. The proper MAF to run with the computer is a 70 MM unit.

The MAF body and sensor are designed to match each other. Therefore you can't swap sensors between different part number MAF bodies and maintain proper calibration. The assembly is designed to match the computer’s internal program, and swapping a different MAF can upset the computer's calibration.

The OEM Ford MAFs are not calibrated to injector size. The injector sizing is done in the computer’s internal programming. Aftermarket MAF’s “lie” to the computer in an attempt to fool the computer into changing the injector pulse on timing to match the increased airflow.

In other word,s use a Cobra MAF with a Cobra compter, or get a Tweecer and learn how to use it with excellent success. Then you can use just about any Ford style MAF you want.