93 Vertical Suspension Help.

BigK22

Nov 12, 2017
Hey guys picked up a 93 convertible and has qa1 k member, a arms and coilovers. Getting alot of noise in front end, hitting the smallest bump. Went over everything , nothing loose. I know this set up is stiffet, but I think something else is wrong. Don't know oil in struts, 220 spring, camber/caster plates. Any suggestions, that I may not have thought of. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Do the coil over sleeves fit the struts. A bunch of people have issues with different brand coil overs and some brand struts. People do all types of stiff....like wrapping electrical tape around the strut before installing the coil overseas sleeves and springs.

If I were you I'd start there. Find out what brand the coil overseas are and what brand struts you have. All struts aren't the same diameter and neither are the coil over sleeves. A lot of manufacturers sell different ones to fit different struts. While your at it check the caster camber plate bearings...

There isn't a bunch that can cause noise up front, control arm bushings, ball joints, caliper bolts, struts, coil over sleeve, camber caster plate- bolts- bearing- or bushing.

List your brands for struts, camber plates, and coil overseas. Someone here can help shed some light.

Everything is qa1. I thought at first it might be bearing in camber plates or possibly strut bottoming out. I checked all bolts. Replaced ball joints. Almost sounds like it's bottoming out. Gonna probably send shocks out to be revalved. I was hoping someone might have had the same problems