94-94 Rear: Differences???

94-95 Rear: Differences???

Hey guys,

Just curious, I can easily tell a 94-95 from the rest of the SN95's, but I want to be able to tell a 94 from a 95 with out looking elsewhere. Just from the rear, like when I drive behind one. If you know any major or minor differences, let me know. Much appreciated. Thanks. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Impossible from the rear. The only difference is this little side molding on the rocker pannel. The 94's are flat, 95's curves up into the fenderwell.
difference.jpg

Thanks dude. I have seen that before, but I thought it was just with specific models, like GT or GTS. I didn't think that there were any differences, but I thought I should ask, just incase someone knows a minor detail, like the position of the backup light or the length of the individual taillights or some little thing like that. Thanks again.

the 94-95 cars are literally identical....you wont be able to tell the difference from behind....unless its a different trim level (base, GTS, GT, Cobra) but other than the rocker panel thing thats the only thing ive ever been able to find that is different....

Anthony

the slits in the rear lights are different i belive. the 94 doesnt have them or the 95 runs vertical i think. ill check tomorrow because my brother has a 95 and i have a 94 and there is a slight difference in the tail light. he backed into a fire hydrant one day and we went to the junkyard and got one out of a 94 it was a little different in appearance. so we went to get the other and it was cracked. ended up buying euro tail lights.

Ha Ha. And yes, I know that there is a MAJOR difference between the 94-95s and the 96-98s. I already stated that in my opening post. I just wanted to know if there were any minor differences, something that I could look at to tell wether it was a 94 or 95 GT that I was lookin at, especially from the rear, like when I drive behind them. Thanks again.

out of curiosity why would you need to tell the difference???...they are the same car....when you see one its just "thats a 94 or 95 GT" you cant tell the difference between the 2 especially just driving by....you probably couldnt tell the difference even using the side skirt thing either....cuz you should be paying attention tothe road not the side skirt of the car your driving by....but in all seriousness...there is nothing....

Anthony

The side skirt is something :D I guess its just for your own personal pleasure like if you see a car at a show or go up to a guy and ask him about his car you can be like hey thats a 95 isnt it? and impress the guy :)

Also... Mikes 94 had these plastic things over the struts in his engine bay, and mine are just bare... Can anyone else with a 94 varify that for me because my car is a GTS so that might be why I dont have thoes plastic pieces... you know, to save on weight :jester:

Well, you have to understandmy passion towards Mustangs. I want to be able to ID ANY MUSTANG, just by lookin at it. I guess it is like an obsesion with me. Oh well, like I said, I thought they were identical, but I was just checkin. Sooner or later I would like to know every style of Mustang, and its history. Be able to tell the year simply by lookin at it and also I would like to know what it has in it. I guess, like I said, it is a passion. Thanks again.

careful with that distibutor cap cover...taking it off messed up my AM radio signal so all i get a buzzing that goes up with the revs. I like to turn it up really loud and pretend I'm driving a motorcycle. Hey, who listens to AM anyway right?