94-95 Aftermarket Alternator Bracket? Power Steering Bracket?

FastGT94

Nov 20, 2003
NW Burbs, IL
I have a March alternator bracket on order to see if there is any way to get it to line up, although I'm being told that isn't going to work since the timing covers are different.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with the March brackets or if they have found another place for an aftermarket alternator bracket. I'm also looking for a power steering bracket as well.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I sanded and polished mine and in the end I just powdercoated them I just couldn't get the luster from them that I wanted.

I too would love to see an aftermarket version for our brackets.

The march ones for sure have no way of fitting. The only solution I see is someone custom making a piece from billet, or swapping over to a fox timing cover and water pump...

I am going to see if there are any CNC shops around me that could make a billet piece.

there's only one bracket set that would have any remote chance of fitting but the problem lies in the positioning of the accesories: it's their hotrod bracket and pulley set but they place the alternator and P/S way above the factory spots. I noticed this set because it's the only one they have designed around the short neck water pump that we have in our cars.

FordHigh_4.jpg

http://www.marchperf.com/pg40a.html

Attachments

• FordHigh_4.jpg
    FordHigh_4.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 194
That's pretty nice, but the problem isn't where the pullies/Acc. go, the problem is that Ford with a stroke of genuis decided to make our Timing cover thicker, therefore pushing the water pump out farther. If you were to use any after market kit out there, the Belt would not line up correctly. Now if you got an Electric water pump, then you should be able to run the March system:shrug: Just make sure you have a Short belt that wraps without touching the water pump.

Will

I'd have to disagree with turbo's assessment that the belts would be out of alignment- for that hotrod set is designed around our waterpump and the timing cover- if you scroll down a little bit on that page on march's site it says specifically that using that pulley and bracket set requires the use of the waterpump and timing cover from a 94-95.

Due to the slope of our hoods however, setting the accessories that height would create too many clearance issues.