94-95 Cobra

5literstang

Apr 15, 2003
Clark, NJ
i am selling my GT...i'm takin off all my mods...selling it stock for 6,500...i am goin to buy a 94-95 Cobra. what do they run stock? i know they have 240hp with 285 torque, but i heard that they were underrated. it that true? if i put some headers, off road h pipe, catback, 4:10 gears, cold air, and short throw, what do u tihnk i will run and how much hp should i be makin...thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mine Put down 230rwhp/268tq with the mods in my sig and no tune. From what I've heard maybe my tremec soaks up some of the #'s. I've seen others with less goodies put down more. From what I've seen on here our Cobras also love bigger MAF's too. Tmoss also does up our lower intakes really good. You Should be in the 13's easy I'd say.

WHy do 94/95 cobra's love bigger MAF? Is it because of the intake and heads. Would you also have to change out the TB? The reason I ask is because I was thinking about getting a larger MAF but wasn't sure if the gains would be worth the cash. I heard a GT will gain about 3-5 hp, I fiquered the Cobra would be about the same.

1995 Cobra 19,000 miles
3:55 gears
H-pipe and Flowmasters
Eibach springs
UPR shifter

W/ pro-m 75 maf, underdrives, shorty headers, prochamber, summit catback, 65mm tb, 4.10 gears, my Cobra laid doen 265rwhp and 308 rwtq which also managed me a best of 12.97 @ 106.15 mph on drag radials! :)
94-95 Cobra's respond very well to mods!!! :D

Thers a recent article in 5.0/4.6 tech. There doing some cheap mods to a slighlt modified 91 5.0(Ported stock heads, AMS cam, Trick flow intake, 70mm TB). They put in a C&L 76mm MAFwith matching elbow and picked up 5hp. Of course there is also an advertisement for C&L in the same magazine, so even if the car gained nothing and ran like sh****t do you think they would tell you that and risk losing advertising dollars? I've always wondered about that.

1995 Cobra 19,000 miles
3:55 gears
H-pipe and Flowmasters
Eibach springs
UPR shifter

5literstang said:
i if i put some headers, off road h pipe, catback, 4:10 gears, cold air, and short throw, what

Well if u want to gain HP then dont get the Cold air intake, those dont to jack shi*t there just for looks, spend your money on something like Underdrive pullies were the HP gains are noticeable

wow gmkiller! 12.97 with just those mods os great! my friends find it hard to believe that our cars can run in the 12's N/A...i gues i'm goin to prove them wrong when i get my cobra in the spring! the only car that worries me is my friends 01 GT...he is pulling 500rwhp! he has a 01 SC Cobra motor in it.

Nik_92Stang said:
GM did you notice anything with the t-body? Did you feel the MAF by the seat of the pants?...Not sure which one to go with next I'm leaning towards the maf as I don't think the t-body will give me that much.

I didnt notice anything w/ the t.b. but I did notice a good bit w/ the maf. Dont buy the c&l, definately go w/ the pro-m!!

GTJake said:
Yeah, Cobra's have the exact same MAF as GT's. So, when you order one get it calibrated for 19#ers.

Jake
\
Yes he is correct get it calibrated for the 19's. Just make sure you tell pro-m that its a cobra and you have the j4j1 computer.