94 Gt Help!!

9494gtgt

Oct 12, 2017
I have a 1994 gt 5.0 v8 and I can not seem to figure out what’s wrong with it. The car will randomly turn off out of nowhere. The Rpms will bounce rapidly and then just fall to zero and car will turn off. Sometimes it starts back up and I can drive and other times it will die upon turning on again. I pulled the following codes 314, 311, 332, 411.

Things about car that might help you help me... :
The car temperature gauge goes up but it barley falls inside the “normal temp” part and it won’t go higher even after being on 45+ min. Changes the thermostat and still persists

Car had a dizzy problem that caused it to turn off when starting car but changed dizzy and got rid of the code/problem that gave

Car is straight piped with mudflers only

Please help!

I got codes from Koer test, and car turned stalled/turned off during test

411 is an issue with the idle. The others are for smog stuff and aren’t really a big deal. Id start by cleaning the IAC and MAF.

411 is an issue with the idle. The others are for smog stuff and aren’t really a big deal. Id start by cleaning the IAC and MAF.

Cleaned maf with maf cleaner, problem till Persists, I’ve noticed it’s more likely to happen once the car is on for a little

I had this happen to me. In my case it was the CCRM, the relay for the engine kept popping open and cutting electrical power to the engine. It was an intermittent issue; sometimes it took several days to happen, other times it happened several times a day. Sometimes I could restart the car while it was rolling, other times I had to pull over and wait several minutes. I don't remember if there were any codes.

I had this happen to me. In my case it was the CCRM, the relay for the engine kept popping open and cutting electrical power to the engine. It was an intermittent issue; sometimes it took several days to happen, other times it happened several times a day. Sometimes I could restart the car while it was rolling, other times I had to pull over and wait several minutes. I don't remember if there were any codes.

How did you fix it?

How did you fix it?

Simple - replaced the CCRM. It's the rectangular module on the bracket that holds the coolant overflow bottle. Here's a good photo on LMR.com, though they're out of stock:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-12577A/mustang-ccrm-relay-pcm-fuel-pump-fan-9400

Simple - replaced the CCRM. It's the rectangular module on the bracket that holds the coolant overflow bottle. Here's a good photo on LMR.com, though they're out of stock:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-12577A/mustang-ccrm-relay-pcm-fuel-pump-fan-9400
Are you sure thats it? Cause everywhere i look they say its under the passenger side fender...

Can someone tell me where the CCRM is located on a 1994 mustan gt 5.0 V8??

Not sure where you've been researching, maybe that info is for 93 and earlier Mustangs. The only thing we have in our passenger fender is solenoids for the emissions parts like the EGR and AIR pump and the charcoal canister which holds gas fumes from the gas tank. I am positive that the CCRM is where I said it is, on the bracket that holds the coolant overflow tank.

Now, I don't know for sure that the CCRM is your issue. But it sounds like it to me.

At the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module – the black box mounted on the radiator overflow bracket): With the key turned to run, check Pin 12 and 24 for accessory power. If it’s there, the issue lies past the CCRM. If there’s no power: Check CCRM Pins 8 and 10 for constant 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 13 for accessory 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 15 for ground. If 8, 10, 13 and 15 are present (this requires the key to be on), but 12 and 24 are not showing 12 volts, that suggests a bad EEC relay inside the CCRM.
I didn't write that, I googled it

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)