95 AODE problems

Ive got a 95 GT Vert, driving it the other day I heard a loud pop from right underneath the shifter. Now when I try to shift between P, D, R, etc; it slides loosely between them. Sometimes I pull it all the way down to 1 before it will go into Drive. And when I go back up to put it in Park, its in Reverse....BUT it reads as if it was in Park, because I can still turn the car off and remove the key. Also sometimes while driving it will not want to shift up or sometimes drop down a gear. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive got a 95 GT Vert, driving it the other day I heard a loud pop from right underneath the shifter. Now when I try to shift between P, D, R, etc; it slides loosely between them. Sometimes I pull it all the way down to 1 before it will go into Drive. And when I go back up to put it in Park, its in Reverse....BUT it reads as if it was in Park, because I can still turn the car off and remove the key. Also sometimes while driving it will not want to shift up or sometimes drop down a gear. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.

If you look under the car, you should see the end of your shifter hooked to a cable. There is a nut that holds it in place. It's adjustable. You might check to see if it's loose or slipping.:nice: