95 mustang 5.0 with t5 with a 7.8 in input shaft

Hi I am having problems getting my new manual transmission in I can get it all the way in except by 1/2 in I had the bellhousing bolted to block and I put it in and it would not go all the way in then I put the bellhousing to the transmission and it fit but when I got it on the block it still was a 1/2 inch away.
Does anyone know what's wrong the car had a aode in it and I am swapping it I also have a hydraulic release bearing so the throw-out bearing is not the problem.
It sucks I made sure the belhousing is from a 95 and the transmission has a 7.8 in input shaft and the transmission is brand new I bought it from mdl.
I would appreciate any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Two things that I know of, ok three,
The input shaft is different between the fox body and sn95 V8 trans, can't remember which is which, someone will chime in.
There are two (that I know of) different pilot bearings, 4cyl and V8
The input shaft length and pilot bearing may account for the 1/2" discrepancy, also clutch plate alignment could hold the trans from mating, did you use an alignment tool?

The SN95 T5 input shaft is longer. It also uses a different bell housing, which is where the difference in length is made up. What parts do you have? If you're using a FOX3 T5 bell housing, you can't run an SN95 T5 without major surgery to swap input shafts.

Well that leaves the pilot bearing.
Try this, trans in as far as it will go, have someone push the clutch peddle as you wiggle the trans.
You're using a hydraulic throw out bearing? Make sure this is not holding it out, I have no experience with those so :shrug:

f544a8b83fbac6f32764458fa172c3eb23ee6319-1