SN95 95 Stang Front End Shake When Braking, Photos!

95Stangpa

Apr 4, 2017
Pa.
When driving along and hitting bumps or going into bends, my 95 Stang seems fine!!

But when I start braking, the pedal is pulsing up and down, and the front end is shaking hard.

Okay, I did spin the front wheels, I can tell the passenger side rotor seems a bit warped. Not real bad.
So I seen they have a ton of meat on them. I sent them up the street to be cut. This guy has a nice machine!

I also noticed my front sway bar bushings look like theres a gap between the sway bar and bushing. SO I am going to replace them and the link kit. Don't know if that can cause that? But they need replaced!

Tie rods and ball joints are tight!

Looks like the driver side control arm was replaced, and I can see the new ball joint.

But........Look at these photos!

There seems to be a gap like a bushing is missing on the drivers side Lower A arm.
Can the Lower control arm bushings being bad cause a front end shake when braking?? That part I don't know?

Here's some photos! Thanks guys!

Here's the driver side rear part of the lower control arm. Is there something missing?

drivers1_zps6zul83v6.jpg

Another shot.

drivers2_zpsaod8rjjt.jpg

The front part of the lower A arm drivers side.

drivers3_zpsvmiizrob.jpg

Passenger side rear of the lower A arm....Don't have a gap like the drivers side?

passenger1_zpsrsiayx79.jpg

Another shot

passenger2_zps84rbslr9.jpg

Front of the passenger side lower A arm

passenger3_zps2d2c2sk9.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

SN95s are infamous for crap A-arm bushings, but if your pedal is pulsing, that's runout caused by rotor disc thickness variation (aka "warping" and/or bad hub bearing assemblies.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to shake the wheels before removing. No play, if thats who you tell if the bearings are bad?

My buddy looked at it, and said the lower control arms cannot cause the shaking when braking???

My rotors are def warped a little with pedal pulse, and the bushings for the sway bar are very tired. There was a gap between the bushing and the sway bar.

I'll have them back in a few hours. And installing the sway bar bushings and links, while I have it apart. They were pretty bad.
I'll report back. Brake pads were wearing evenly on both sides. I was surprised!

I spun the passenger wheel, and I could hear the rotor was slightly warped.

So the lower control arms don't normally cause shaking when braking?

I'll have them back in a few hours. And installing the sway bar bushings and links, while I have it apart. They were pretty bad.
I'll report back. Brake pads were wearing evenly on both sides. I was surprised!

I spun the passenger wheel, and I could hear the rotor was slightly warped.

So the lower control arms don't normally cause shaking when braking?

From my experience no, but that's not saying it doesn't help.

Okay thank you! I'll replace my sway bar bushings and replace the shaved rotors, and test it out.

I plan on changing the lower control arms, but was hoping to get away with it for a few weeks.

my buddy said lower A arms bushings couldn't cause a shake with braking, but I don't trust him..LOL

Okay it fixed it. He said the rotors were not warped real bad. But they were warped.

My sway bar bushings were really bad though. They slid right off. The new ones were fun to put on. Damn...they were tight trying to slide them on. Did the link kits too, they looked wore out. I don't know if that contributed to the front end shake when braking or not.

Went for a ride, no pedal pulsing or shakey front end. I'm getting there! I'll do the A arm bushings soon. But they don't seem to be causing an issue.

Reactions: 1 user