'96 3.8 V6 Exhaust Stud Positions Please?

ozjamesus

Jul 13, 2013
Well, my 1st pony was a 64 1/2 and then I spent a long time in the wilderness. But I'm back now! I just bought a '96 3.8 V6 with a blown head gasket. Pulled it down but forgot to note where the exhaust studs went exactly. Tried a Chiltons , but that was next to useless. Anyone with the same engine got a moment to steer me straight please? Some bolts are normal and some are double ended with nuts. I really appreciate all you guys and this resource!

• Sponsors (?)

I kinda forgot which ones went where on mine, but it hardly makes any difference. The only things that will matter is the dipstick has a flange to go under one, and if I recall, there is a flange for a fuel rail or something on the passenger side. Its a PITA to get to them, so anything that would make your life easier, put 'em that way.

just make sure you get enough threads into the block to hold them securely and don't give them so much muscle that you break them off in the block... just snug everything down good... the heat will take care of the rest....