96 gt 5 speed stuck in reverse

So I was backing up and this lady backed right into me. Now my car is stuck in reverse. Clutch works drives backwards just fine. I think the shift receiver is twisted to far. Any thoughts? Looks like it should stay within that cradle but it is not.
Screenshot_20190603-201457.png
Screenshot_20190603-201451.png

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, Glad nobody was injured, unhappy to hear the Pony was injured. The T-45’s have inherent issues with getting stuck in reverse, has to do with the Pitch angle of the actual Gear.
Replace the Pod/Shifter & rock the Car back & forth with someone inside moving the Shifter a bit, you’ll likely find it’ll free up. Has this ever occurred previously?I’d had a 96’ GT that stuck in Reverse, Mall parking lot- temper got the best of me & I drove it Home through 9 Miles of mostly City Traffic 0-35mph. Can confirm 1st Gear’s ratio is approximately equivalent to Reverse.
Not one Cop. Uncertain whether I’d had more Thumbs or middle Fingers up during the excursion...busy..driving backwards! The above method has freed countless T-45’s stuck in Reverse, including yours truly.
Change your Transmission Fluid with a Royal Purple Synthetic & it likely won’t occur again (unless an old lady backs into you). Please post if that simple effort doesn’t help, or it’s occurred before.
Good luck!
John