96 Gt Wth Theft Light And Wont Start!!!

KENS89LX

Mar 12, 2006
Cross lanes Wv
MY 96 gt will not start and the theft light is blinking fast, I've tried the key in the door, and unhooked the battery for reset, but still same. Now a few months ago I lost the keys so had a locksmith make new ones could of something happened to the key, what should I try next I heard there is a fuse for the PAT system ;but not sure where and also the obd has no communication with the computer. HELP!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

MY 96 gt will not start and the theft light is blinking fast, I've tried the key in the door, and unhooked the battery for reset, but still same. Now a few months ago I lost the keys so had a locksmith make new ones could of something happened to the key, what should I try next I heard there is a fuse for the PAT system ;but not sure where and also the obd has no communication with the computer. HELP!!!!!!
Let's start handling your questions.

No. there isn't a fuse for the 1996+ PATS system. If it were that easy to disable, then every car thief in the world would know the "easy" trick to steal Mustangs.

Don't ignore the no PCM communication symptom. This could mean there's no power to the PCM. Guess what. If true will also CAUSE a PATS failure.