• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

96 Gt Wth Theft Light And Wont Start!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter KENS89LX
  • Start date Start date Apr 2, 2016

KENS89LX

Member
Mar 12, 2006
302
1
19
Cross lanes Wv
Apr 2, 2016
#1
  • Apr 2, 2016
  • #1
MY 96 gt will not start and the theft light is blinking fast, I've tried the key in the door, and unhooked the battery for reset, but still same. Now a few months ago I lost the keys so had a locksmith make new ones could of something happened to the key, what should I try next I heard there is a fuse for the PAT system ;but not sure where and also the obd has no communication with the computer. HELP!!!!!!
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 6, 2016
#2
  • Apr 6, 2016
  • #2
Get with the locksmith again. Ill bet he can help
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Apr 11, 2016
#3
  • Apr 11, 2016
  • #3
KENS89LX said:
MY 96 gt will not start and the theft light is blinking fast, I've tried the key in the door, and unhooked the battery for reset, but still same. Now a few months ago I lost the keys so had a locksmith make new ones could of something happened to the key, what should I try next I heard there is a fuse for the PAT system ;but not sure where and also the obd has no communication with the computer. HELP!!!!!!
Click to expand...
Let's start handling your questions.

No. there isn't a fuse for the 1996+ PATS system. If it were that easy to disable, then every car thief in the world would know the "easy" trick to steal Mustangs.

Don't ignore the no PCM communication symptom. This could mean there's no power to the PCM. Guess what. If true will also CAUSE a PATS failure.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
ECU/PCM ISSUE
  • Santi1015
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
221
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 29, 2026
Santi1015
S
9
1997 gt Starts then dies a few seconds after.
  • 97orange
  • Aug 13, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
211
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 17, 2026
97orange
9
D
Theft light staying on car starts right up
  • dtarang
  • Aug 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
114
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 15, 2026
dtarang
D
L
2000 Mustang PATS - Broken Key and Wire - HELP!
  • Laree Taylor
  • May 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
313
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 12, 2026
manicmechanic007
T
2001 GT 4.6 V8 weak crank no start.
  • The-Bamboo-Farmer
  • Nov 12, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
241
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 13, 2025
The-Bamboo-Farmer
T
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?