96 White Smoke

X1-Mach1

Nov 5, 2013
Got a question. I recently bought a 96 gt. Had a few little issues. All fixed exect one. Once the car warms up there is white smoke coming out of the engine compartment. It appeares to be coming from the passenger side of the motor right by where the heater hoses are. Naturally I figured heater hoses. However there is n0thing come out of the hoses or anywhere else. There was oil in the coolant so i replaced the oil filter adapter gasket in hopes that it was the issue. I know that I could possibly have a bad head gasket. Could a bad head gasket be leaking coolant out of the motor between the head and the block? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

So what was condition of the block to oil filter adapter gasket? Did you renew the oil cooler O-ring seals while there? These leak a lot. Common problem.

Leaking intake manifold is also a very common problem.

However, if you want to know for sure, consider a compression test.

It was in decent condition I did not see a point that it visiably failed. I was thi9nk ing about the manifold there seems to be some baked coolant on top it. However every time I start it up and let it warm up to the point of steaming I see nothing no coolant any where.