• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

98 GT Key Remote Question/Problem???

  • Thread starter Thread starter sasscuba
  • Start date Start date Feb 14, 2004

sasscuba

Member
Dec 24, 2003
304
0
16
Tulsa Oklahoma
Feb 14, 2004
#1
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #1
What kind of range do you get with your remote? Even with a brand new battery I get like 5-10 feet!! Anyway to increase range, or is this normal with everyones remote?

Thanks.
 

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
4,801
1
68
back in Marylands
Feb 14, 2004
#2
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #2
Sounds about right for mine.
 

Sam98

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
1,625
1
0
Albuquerque, NM
Feb 14, 2004
#3
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #3
Mine works up to about 40 feet away, but I have also had to hit the button 2 or 3 times standing right next to it.
 
D

drizztkun

New Member
Aug 10, 2003
497
0
0
Montreal Quebec
Feb 14, 2004
#4
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #4
i get about 20 to 30 i would say, then again theres the odd day when it works only from 5 feet... go figure. Might has something to do with weather
 

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
Feb 14, 2004
#5
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #5
If I'm in front of the car, I have to be like 5 feet away. From the rear of the car or the side, maybe 15 feet. Sometimes I have to be next to the damn thing. This is one of those things I wanted to change and now that you mention it I think I will. I know that with after market alarms and remote garage doors you can add extra wire to the one that's their and it DOES increase the range. I wonder if we can do something like that to the box in the trunk. Just in case you didn't know, that's where the box that receives the signal is. I'll post my results tomorrow after I do it.
 

sasscuba

Member
Dec 24, 2003
304
0
16
Tulsa Oklahoma
Feb 15, 2004
#6
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #6
Blev said:
If I'm in front of the car, I have to be like 5 feet away. From the rear of the car or the side, maybe 15 feet. Sometimes I have to be next to the damn thing. This is one of those things I wanted to change and now that you mention it I think I will. I know that with after market alarms and remote garage doors you can add extra wire to the one that's their and it DOES increase the range. I wonder if we can do something like that to the box in the trunk. Just in case you didn't know, that's where the box that receives the signal is. I'll post my results tomorrow after I do it.
Click to expand...


Please do and let us know.
 

sasscuba

Member
Dec 24, 2003
304
0
16
Tulsa Oklahoma
Feb 15, 2004
#7
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #7
bump

bump
 

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
Feb 15, 2004
#8
  • Feb 15, 2004
  • #8
No dice guys. There is no wire that is easily identifiable. I'm going to look in my Chilton and see if there is an antena wire/lead in the wiring diagrams.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
134
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
527
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
456
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
228
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
384
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?