98 Mustang Alarm Problem

zelpus

Dec 9, 2003
I have a 98 mustang and my factory alarm goes off with the panic alarm randomly when its just locked and not armed with the alarm. I took it to a ford shop yesterday and they couldnt find anything wrong with it and gave it back to me today. Now I have heard that when it gets below 40 degrees they go off but I live in Florida now and used to live in Connecticut and up north it gets way colder than 40 and it never went off so I don't think its that. If anyone has had this problem or has any idea what it could be or what I should do about it please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

97v6Silver said:
try not pressing the panic button?

Could be an issue with the transmitter, and do the mustangs actually have alarms, i've never known one to have an alarm, but hey, it happens, anyway, the transmitter could be really dirty inside, and making random contact, or even the module inside the car could be catching interference from some source, does it happen usually at the same place, or anywhere you go.

Wayne

my 98 mustang gt also has this problem. Mine started going off randomly when it gets real cold... i live in connecticut and it just started getting real cold out especially at night. I also recently had sub woofers installed in my car, two 12inchers and amp installed. im wondering if the new wiring in the car has anything to do with it maybe the installation screwed with it. Do you also have any after market electical in your car?