99 4.6 2V Misfire (Spark Plugs)

Bouywatcher

Feb 28, 2019
Eddyville
My 99 4.6 2V conts to throw a misfire code-engine light on. I work away from home, so each time I go to the house i will just change the plugs and enjoy the car for a few days until the light comes back on and i once again notice a poor performing car. When the plugs are changed i have never narrowed it down to which plug is exactly fouled. Also one or more of the plugs are "WET" with either oil or fuel (darker in color). As i have sat around and thought more and more of the issue here is another question that comes to mind..... My car uses 19lb injectors- I think, please correct me if i am wrong. I had recently replaced a bad injector, this injector was purple in color and i believe the others were orange. I seen a color chart and if the chart was correct, it indicated that the injector i purchased was a 24 lb injector. this is just food for thought, but if this is the case could the injector be over bearing on the plug-too much fuel, and fouling it out???? I also use NGK plugs that cost est $30 for a set of 8. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I had recently replaced a bad injector, this injector was purple in color and i believe the others were orange. I seen a color chart and if the chart was correct, it indicated that the injector i purchased was a 24 lb injector. this is just food for thought, but if this is the case could the injector be over bearing on the plug-too much fuel, and fouling it out????
Yes

What are the Long term fuel trim (LTFT) at idle and 2000 RPM's?