99 crown vic PI rear end/diff

FoxGT87

5 Year Member
Aug 1, 2009
St.pete FL
there is someone on the local racing forums thats going to let go of some 3.55's for 30 bucks awesome. but is that a 8.8 rear like mine is? is my rear an 8.8 i still got the 4 lug? i got to drive about 1 1/2 hours to get the good deal i would like to know if im wasting my money before i do. thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

the physical internals will work. if you are getting the axle in it's entirety, the housings are different, but keep the backing plates, caliper mounts and brake hardware. If you decided to do a 5 lug swap, you can use those parts for a cheap rear disc brake conversion. It's what is on the back of my 93.

Just re-read your post... you are just getting the gears....

the physical internals will work. if you are getting the axle in it's entirety, the housings are different, but keep the backing plates, caliper mounts and brake hardware. If you decided to do a 5 lug swap, you can use those parts for a cheap rear disc brake conversion. It's what is on the back of my 93.

Just re-read your post... you are just getting the gears....

so what your saying is dont bother with it unless im getting the diffs unless i plan on doing a 5 lug rear disc conversion? or will the diffs work in my rear like the above poster said?

The gears out of a Crown Vic 8.8 will work fine with your car, if you really want to install used gears. The rear axle assembly is too large to fit a Mustang, but the brake parts off of it can be used for a rear disc conversion.