99 mustang v6 to carbed 302

Jb5985

Mar 25, 2018
Okay guys first post so not even sure if this is the right spot but I can not find an answer to this anywhere. I bought this car with the swap half way done. The problem I am having is converting this efi car to run a carb. I have read you can just run a bypass regulator from the original efi pump but since the 99-04 Is a returnless system that won't work. So would I have to rig up a return line?? How would I do that. Or if I put an external pump for a carb on could I just pull gas through the existing fuel pump or do I have to get rid of that and lose my fuel gage? So confusing any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The best way to do it would be to have a tank with a sump, and an external electric fuel pump, then run yourself a return line and an aftermarket fuel gauge would probably be the best way to go. I don't know how much help you'll get in this section since most of these guys are mod motor guys, but i go back and forth between the foxbody side and here since i do both. so if you need anymore help feel free to message me about it.