99&UP HEADLAMP REPLACEMENT

BLKVERT

Jan 19, 2004
SATX
Well I have and "old" 2000 GT and my Headlamps are looking tired...was looking to get them replaced, obviously they are spotted and so on and so forth and there is no way I can get them replaced under factory warranty. So back to my original question.....where and what would be some good replacement lamps at a reasonable cost of course????? :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

pull out your bulb and put some water in there. If you are still under factory warrenty (36K miles) they will replace them. Otherwise for a cheap fix, go rent a v6 stang from hertz or something thats brand new, take it home, swap the lights. new lights for about $40

lxsteed said:
pull out your bulb and put some water in there. If you are still under factory warrenty (36K miles) they will replace them. Otherwise for a cheap fix, go rent a v6 stang from hertz or something thats brand new, take it home, swap the lights. new lights for about $40

Sneaky.....might just have to do that one.

The best price I have found on OEM smoked (01+ style) lights is karkraft.com for $130 each, I got lucky and found a set of low mileage take off older style clear ones for $50 each (I don't like the smoked look). I loked at some of the aftermarket units at Fun Ford Weekend last Sept. in Ennis, TX all of the ones I saw looked to be poor quality.

Ike

StangJonGT said:
Are these available now?

Jon

They've been available. All you need is a kit for a 9007 system. I plan on getting one. :nice:

What I'd like to see is one of the dual-beam setups for a 9007. Since our bulbs have two filaments, a HID kit would make you lose your high beams. There's a dual beam setup for H4 systems which basically mounts the HID bulb in a small servo motor. When you hit the high beams, the servo points the bulb up higher, throwing the light further down the road like a high beam. Pretty cool setup. :nice:

EDIT: My friend has a HID setup on his Civic Si from www.misterjung.com He said it's a great system, never had any problems with it. I believe his bulbs are 8000k, giving them a purple look. Personally, I'd go with 6000k. Those are the ones with just a slight blue to them, 5000k's will give you a pure WHITE (very white) light, they're also the brightest in lumens.