A/C Delete Questions

breadfan35

Jul 28, 2002
Dallas,Tx
Ok, I have decided to remove my AC but I don't know what all it involved. What all exactly gets removed? What tools will I need? Is there a step by step article anywhere on the net I can read? How will the tensioner work once it's removed? All help and info you can give is appreciated. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Doing an A/C delete I would recoment the Ford kit. It replaces the whole A/C and P/S bracket along with that big peice of metal, an replaces it with a small bracket for just the P/S. It really cleans up the engine bay. I would suggest a set of wrenches from 1/2" to 3/4" or from 13mm to 19mm set will do fine. The bolts are all SAE, but metric will work. I would also suggest a set of sockets as well. It's not hard, just a little common sence and maby a little thinking (oh no, not the T word" and you'll have that A/C as a thing of the past.

remove compressor, hose running across intake, that goes to the evaporator (liek a littel can type thing), then also the line that runs in front of the distributor, there are also lines that run along the pass side and go in ftont of the radiator. the in fornt of the radiator u will see the condensor, its like a small radiator.. All these parts go...u need a small wrench to get the vaporator from teh firewall and one for the bolts on the compresor. the rest u can pul out or to make it easier go to town with a hack saw.
i also recommend the FMS delete for reasons stated by 90mustang. :nice:

noslow5_0 said:
hey breadfan35 where in dallas are you?? im over in lewisville!!! You havent by chance been to denton dragway have you cause there was a red coupe up there....

On the edge of Rowlett and Garland. I have been to Denton Dragway many times, but not since October. I'll be going back soon. (hopefully)