• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

a/c

  • Thread starter Thread starter 73newbe
  • Start date Start date Feb 11, 2004

73newbe

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
11
0
0
Feb 11, 2004
#1
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #1
want to take the a/c out of the car.do u have to drain the freon?when i'm done do i just pull the lines out of the firewall?thanks in advance.
 

WORTH

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 18, 2002
2,166
44
98
Cape Cod, Ma.
Feb 11, 2004
#2
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #2
The freon is under pressure, so you will have to drain it, most AC shops will drain it for you for free since they get to keep the freon. Just remove the hoses from the firewall after it's drained.
 

SuperDave

Early-Model Mentor
Founding Member
May 3, 2000
6,361
0
0
Tacoma, WA USA
Feb 11, 2004
#3
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #3
Be sure to keep all the A/C components that you remove (including the brakets and other parts They are highly sought by opeople who WANT A/C.
 

69 302/351c

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
1,147
0
36
Walkertown NC, originally Western Mass
Feb 11, 2004
#4
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #4
Don't know where you live but you might want A/C some day. I'm in the process of adding A/C to both of mine. Part of this is due to a long ( 14 hour) road trip I took last year with the wife...now she won't leave home without it.

My point is that I wish the PO didn't pull out and scrap everything associated with the A/C in my 351c car. He could have just cleaned up under the hood and saved the components.
 

73newbe

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
11
0
0
Feb 11, 2004
#5
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #5
i hate a/c.even when its like 90.i'm just wierd i guess

and thanks for the replies
 

RGS0907

New Member
Aug 21, 2003
429
1
0
New Jersey
Feb 11, 2004
#6
  • Feb 11, 2004
  • #6
69 302/351c said:
Don't know where you live but you might want A/C some day. I'm in the process of adding A/C to both of mine. Part of this is due to a long ( 14 hour) road trip I took last year with the wife...now she won't leave home without it.

My point is that I wish the PO didn't pull out and scrap everything associated with the A/C in my 351c car. He could have just cleaned up under the hood and saved the components.
Click to expand...

Where did you get the parts for your 69's? I have factory A/C but it hasn't worked in a few years... I am sure that I will need plenty of parts to get it working again.
 
1

1973mach1

Member
May 19, 2003
457
0
16
PA
Feb 12, 2004
#7
  • Feb 12, 2004
  • #7
I have A/C in my 1973 mach 1, but im just making it a fast street/track car for now So i took out the dryer, condensor and compressor, I saved all the brackets and stuff and left everything else on the car incase I want to go back to it. It never worked anyway, probally needs a new compressor and condensor plus without it the engine bay looks alot cleaner and it lost some weight. I'll just be driving it at night and weekends so a window down is enough for me and I get to listen to the sweet sound of the 351c 4v.

Jim
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Electrical 2003 GT convertible battery drain
  • Huggybear56
  • May 31, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
142
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 31, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
2
2010 GT AC issue
  • 2010torchredgt
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
155
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Jun 29, 2026
2010torchredgt
2
Electrical/engine bay harness questions
  • djj62478
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
370
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 6, 2026
djj62478
W
2.3l cooling fan questions
  • waxman
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
135
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 27, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Brakes 80 Mustang 4.2 rear chassis brake line for 5 lug conversion!
  • StangPowerLSX510
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
132
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 9, 2026
limp
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?