A little embarrassed...need help

Sithlord122681

Oct 17, 2010
Texas
Okay so I got into it with a new 2010 Camaro today. With a bit of a roll he couldn't touch me (pretty sure it was a V6). But on the dig I just sat there spinning out for about 5 seconds then had to play catch up. I need some advice on what to do to reduce my spinning out. I just ordered lowering springs and I'm assuming that my stock tires need to be replaced... Any additional advice would be awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

Wider tires will help, may require new rims depending how wide you want to go, not sure how thick you can get them on the new mustangs without clearence problems even more since you are lowering it. Also for a quick fix throw a body in the trunk :) Or i guess anything heavy in the trunk hehe

Another way to prevent that is to do the spin out just prior to the race to heat the rubber, or to save rubber try a slightly lower RPM to start with. This engine can catch up.
Of Course, this is only until you get the fatter and/or softer tires. :D

MyGG is right, come see me or give me a call at Steeda, i will hook you up with some LCA's and LCA relocation brackets. Those parts alone will make a huge difference. Do those parts along with some wide Nitto's you'll be set.

I do have to worn you though. When you lower a car, though it handles better, it doesn't allow the proper weight transfer for drag racing. Most people just want their stangs to look good more than drag well, so just thought I'd throw that out there for ya. Remember ask for Todd.

Getting the launch right for drag racing is a skill I've not acquired... yet. I understand from folks who are very experienced at it, though, that there is more of a technique to "roll-on" the throttle, not just mash it to the floor.

Hopefully I'll have the opportunities to put this into practice next year. ;)

Okay so I got into it with a new 2010 Camaro today. With a bit of a roll he couldn't touch me (pretty sure it was a V6). But on the dig I just sat there spinning out for about 5 seconds then had to play catch up. I need some advice on what to do to reduce my spinning out. I just ordered lowering springs and I'm assuming that my stock tires need to be replaced... Any additional advice would be awesome.

Been there, done that (too many years ago). Maybe the nut behind the wheel needs to be more finely tuned. What you describe seems to be primarily due to an unskilled or inexperienced driver. Practice, practice, practice!

Kinda figured. Thanks!

O a side note, not long after I first got the car, I got stuck in some mud. I kept trying to gun it out of there, but the motor just kept bogging down. It took me a second to remember to turn off the TCS. Came right out after I did.