A wee bit of an update...(holset)

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well last weekend or so i tore my t3/ported e6 off the car. For what it was, it ran great. 99+ gt mustangs, sl-600 benz and the likes all ended up in the rear view mirror.
BUT! it was time for some more aggrivation,pain,bloodshed....yes.....indeed, it was time to work on my turboford :nono:

Well i mentioned i tore it apart lastweek...then i lost abit of steam and left it sit for a week. Now im back at it. Today i started tie'n up the loose ends...
-Header gasket installed
-Turbo-header gasket install
-Turbo studs fixed/ and bolted down
-re-clocked center section/compressor housing
-cut,extended,installed oil return line(thanks bhuff :p )
-cut/worked-over holset flange
-welded/fabbed 3 inch mandrel downpipe to holset flange
-modified cold side piping /installed/
-removed/installed t3-wastegate accuator (fabbed up mounting tabs)

have a few things left to do
-install vam/airfilter
-weld up/join downpipe to the rest of the exhuast
-purchase and weld-in o2 bung for stock o2 (wideband bung is already on)
----
the list is thining, its been a productive day. :cheers:
Big valve head + a237 + Holset hy35 = Burn outs in 3rd gear! :rlaugh:

holsetshot.jpg

topset.jpg

downpipe.jpg

Attachments

• holsetshot.jpg
    holsetshot.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 93
  • topset.jpg
    topset.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 101
  • downpipe.jpg
    downpipe.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Sponsors (?)

"Well last weekend or so i tore my t3/ported e6 off the car. For what it was, it ran great. 99+ gt mustangs, sl-600 benz and the likes all ended up in the rear view mirror. "

not to sound prude or flame but the '03 -'05 sl600 benz has wasted my 300hp SVO a couple times. I know this cause I work for "benz" and have driven both. now the 99+ mustang i would believe.

very nice set up you got pics of your IC support on the bottom i need ideas for brackets. I just blew the end caps off my Volvo cooler at 24psi...

mr_woodster said:
LoL thanks guys. Ya the "real" 140 is like the ghost of stangnet ;) Hows things going James, hows the svo/lx doing?

Things are going just dandy. Sorry I don't visit much anymore. The regular "life's busy" excuses thing. I still check things out in the wee hours when nobody is online.

Next time I get to Anaheim you'll have to treat me to Holset power, I'm looking forward to it.

The SVO is doing dandy. Working on a new head/cam combo for it right now and some other bolt on's before the September SVO reunion. The LX is the prettiest garage furniture you've ever seen. I should drive it more.