A9L computers (EEC-IV)...what year(s)???

• Sponsors (?)

Try bridging pins 40, 60 & 46 as I suggested, it should work and be much cheaper. Or simply ground the black\white wire to the chassis ground by the battery.

Copied from Steve89GT...

There are a few different varieties of computers... just a few different calibrations.. Here's the #'s of most of the maf
computers that are around. A9L and A9P are the most common.

1988 MANUAL 8LD
1988 AUTO 8LF
1989 MANUAL A9L, A9S
1989 AUTO A9P, A9T
1990-92 MANUAL A9L
1990-92 AUTO A9P
1993 MANUAL A3M
1993 AUTO C3W
1993 COBRA X3Z

jrichker said:
Try bridging pins 40, 60 & 46 as I suggested, it should work and be much cheaper. Or simply ground the black\white wire to the chassis ground by the battery.

Copied from Steve89GT...

There are a few different varieties of computers... just a few different calibrations.. Here's the #'s of most of the maf
computers that are around. A9L and A9P are the most common.

1988 MANUAL 8LD
1988 AUTO 8LF
1989 MANUAL A9L, A9S
1989 AUTO A9P, A9T
1990-92 MANUAL A9L
1990-92 AUTO A9P
1993 MANUAL A3M
1993 AUTO C3W
1993 COBRA X3Z

Thanks for that list that'll come in handy.

As far as bridging the 46 & 40/60 I'm not sure that's the right idea. Maybe I'm wrong here but the EEC doesn't seem to "measure" or read any of the sensor out put's when I ground the Signal Return. Hence the super shoddy gas mileage. I can't even set my TPS voltage or anything & never seems to go into closed loop( when the engines warm, I might have the cycle mis named :p) I'd like to fix the one I have so I don't have to wait for ship time, but that may not be an option....?

In any event the EEC should be under warrenty so I can get another at no cost.

On the current EEC I don't know what the calibration is on it so I want to get one I can easily distinguish.

Not to change the subject or anything but I have an a9s that I got from a friend of mine cause he ordered a chip for an a9l and he had an a9s so I gave him mine was this a bad desition on my part.

No, there is no real difference between the A9L and the A9S. The reason why the A9L is kind is because it was used from 89-92 while the A9S was '89 only. All of the '93 computers are emmissions oriented, and nobody wants an 86-88 speed density computer. So in reality, there really is only 1 5-spd computer anyway!

Ok but heres anouther question.When I had the a9l after I put my heads and everything else on I had a surge only when I started it warm and it would surge so bad it would usally stall unless I kept it running but it only did this starting it warm.Cold it would start right up.But with the a9s it still surges a little but not bad at all.Can anyone explain that.