ac delete question

bansheeyfz

Feb 19, 2008
i just did the ac delete and have some questions. The big ac line that goes across the intake., it goes in this black clylinder thing and other lines go into the fire wall can i remove all those line or should i just cut the short? does any of that junk effect my heat?? i need to figure this out cause right now the lines are cut i need to figure out what the black peice is. if any one have pics it would be great

• Sponsors (?)

Just unscrew the lines going to the tank, unplug the tank and remove it, remove all the lines and the condensor.you may have to use 2 wrenches on the nuts so the lines sticking out of the fire wall don't twist, even though you are doing a delete it makes getting them off harder, and it will look hacked after. If you want the ugly lines not to be sticking out of the fire wall you will have to pull part of the dash, kinda like doing a heater core I believe, to pull that piece out then block off the opening. I made a nice piece to cover mine up from the outside for now. like BK stated your heat will be fine after.

If you look at the black tank which I think is the accumilator(sp?) it is attached to the fire wall by 2 10mm nuts bracket on each side of the tank, 1 line goes from the tank to the fire wall. the other line from the fire wall goes out to the condensor. pull the plug off the tank also. The other line going to the compressor goes to the condensor also. I was doing other stuff to my motor so I had my radiator out which made taking the condensor out easy. once you are done you will see two fittings sticking out of the fire wall where the lines once went in. everything else is gone.

one more thing the top line at the fire wall is a big nut use 2 wrenches to keep the line in the fire wall from twisting which will make it hard to get out, the other line is the spring loaded one like on the fuel lines, if it won't come loose cut that one I guess, mine came off I pb blasted it and soaked it and worked at it.