Engine Accessory Drives

I’m building a 302 for my fox, I have no accessory brackets or accessories, I’m not using the stock explorer brackets and what not. Only accessory I’ll be running is an alternator and water pump, obviously. No power steering or AC and smog pump. Anyone have ideas or links to a full kit with brackets and a belt? I have no preference if it’s v belt or serpentine. I can’t find anything online. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I used to run that exact setup. There's a pic somewhere on this site of it. I used a March alternator bracket kit. I recently posted the belt size for the last person that asked this. I'm thinking 31". I still have the brackets and belt. I ran the factory fox water pump. Everyone will tell you this won't work. My car ran that way for several years with no problem. Like i said.... search the site. It's already been discussed. Wish i had the link.

No. I've packed them away in the abyss. There's pictures online of fox body's with just an alternator. You'll just have to search. My belt went completely around the crank and alternator and only touched the water pump pulley partially. Never had cooling issues and it was a built engine. So it's doable. Btw.... use the factory size pulleys.

Found it......

I did mine like this. I used a March alternator bracket kit and the normal Fox water pump and pulley. No sense making it difficult. It ran this way for about five years with no problem.

That method worked great on one of my previous cars or you could buy a standard rotation waterpump from a Lincoln

Attachments

• 228063_200874646622705_7462422_n.jpg
    228063_200874646622705_7462422_n.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 1 user
I run mine like this as well. It’s just a cheap alternator relocation kit I got off amazon I think. Others have mentioned that there’s not a lot of belt wrap, which is concerning, but I’ve had no issues at all.

Attachments

• 1CC13C59-80A6-4D3A-8776-B0CD4FB3573E.jpeg
    1CC13C59-80A6-4D3A-8776-B0CD4FB3573E.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 95