Active Exhaust question

ncaruso

Founding Member
Apr 15, 1999
Bloomfield, CT
My 2018 GT has active exhaust. It is actually more fun than I expected. One thing that concerns me is that sometimes when I start it up a notification pops up saying that it is not available and I can't switch exhaust settings. Any body familiar with that?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have an '18, but I have heard of some people having problems with their active exhaust. The problem you described is they say it starts, then it progressively gets worse where the message won't go away and they can't adjust the settings. Do you have your "quiet mode" setup for a certain time of day? Some people have said when they park their car in normal mode, and then start their car up during the quiet mode time, they can tell the exhaust is still in normal mode. Get in the car, see the message, then the message goes away and the exhaust switches to quiet mode like it should have. So far the dealers seem to be taking care of the issue.

With mine it seem to happen only in the morning - but in normal mode. I don't use quiet mode. Perhaps it's still cold and doesn't want to open up. I suspect I'll have to go to the dealer and have them check it out.

The people that had the problem I described above ended up getting their mufflers replaced because the mechanism was "sticking". Might be something to try, setup quiet mode and leave it in normal when parking at night. See if the exhaust doesn't go into quiet mode on morning startup which would indicate it is sticking....

I made an appointment to deal with this in a couple weeks...

IMG_0199.jpg