Adjustable crane rocker arm problems

ballajb64

Jul 13, 2006
California
Ok i am having a problem. I started my car and noticed a ticking noise under the valve cover. So i took it off and noticed that 2 of my rockers had came off/loosened. I tried tightening them and started the car and the same 2 did the same thing again. I am wonderin what could this be? Why are they coming a loose? i am using the locks and everything. Could it be that i need to clean them off and let them dry before i try again? could it be that the oil that are in the grooves now from the nut and lock coming off?

Has anyone else ever had this problem? if so how did you fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

the center of the rocker itself that pivots, do you have it facing the right way? there shlould be a flat spot and the other side is more of a bevel. you need the flat spot facing down. you might not be getting enough bite on the rockers.

Ok, so i checked again yesterday and what i found is a lot of my studs were not as tight as they could be. So i basically tighted all of them and reset all the rockers... Put everything back on and its fine... Finally after taking things apart a couple of times. Now just to figure out how to stop this whistling noise from my throttle body....

Thanks for the help everyone