Adjustable strut rods.......the FAQ to be, all hands in here

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
so whats everyones take on adjustable strut rods? i have good experance with why, the pic on my site of the broken one is from my 69.
What are your pros and cons? if you have them, do you like them? look throufh this page, good info i have here!! http://www.trinitysmustangs.com/adjustable_strut_rods.htm

i'm making my own and was looking to manufacture the ends at work. i should be able to make them for around $90-100. that would be kevlar teflon chromoly rod ends, and chromoly ro carbon brackets.
what type of material should i use to make these?
adjustable-strut-rods%20mount.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

there you go stealing my ideas i stole from VMF again. i have actually been considering this since before adjustable strut rods were ever really produced. my oldest ford motorsport catalog i have ( like 1988 i think) has the adjustable sleeves listed and i have been playing with that idea since about then, they are really just tie-rod sleeves for a truck i think, but you have to use the stock bushings with those it just allows you to adjust the caster easier. i think i am most likely going to something the cobra automotive style stry rods and drill holes in the strut-rod to frame brackets, but i will probabaly use the AFCO strut rods, much cheaper than any other version i have seen and they come with the rod ends i think they sell for about $37.00. then you just drill the holes and make some spacers and bolt it on, even cheaper than the guy on VMF's homemade versions, can't beat a deal like that. how is the rest of the project coming? did you get the rack installed yet? hey send me some updated pics when you get a chance. i still need to get a good digi cam so i can send you some pics of mine