Advice, $800 to spend

• Sponsors (?)

I run an eddy rpm intake on the factory head and cam. It's a little big but it picked up .2 in the 1/8th, and .3 in the 1/4. The 1/8th run was all I could muster out of it, but the trip to the 1/4 mile left a tenth or so on the table. It ran a 13.80 with full exhaust, gears, and intake, so it's not too shabby.

Weld In Full Length sub frames
Lowering Springs (I used Steeda)
Better Shocks (Tokico's are nice)
Pulleys (leave the alternator pulley alone)
3G Alt
Electric Fan (taurus)
31 spline axles
Eaton Posi
3.73's for highway driving
4.10's for around town

Id say by far the springs/shocks made the most difference. Car felt much more stable and I felt more connected.

BTW Check the stickies on here they have a list of first mods to do.

Yea i've read the stickes and I have done most of the mods on there and I don't know if I made it clear enough but I am finishing the list when I order this new batch of stuff seeing as gears and sfc's will be involved.

As far as pullies go, nope I rear Daggars posts and they are a waste of cash.
31 spline axles, no thanks no use for me and same goes for 5 lug conversion.
Upgrading from the stock posi is a waste at this HP imo.

I was thinking about upgrading the brakes because they realllllly suck but that will cost as much as an intake and cam...so i'm not sure.

I think I will go with the intake/cam/gears/sfc's so that I can buy heads after that and have my HCI car that I can then supercharge or spray.

if you roll race get something that will give you some ponies but know that your not going to be able to stomp it at a green light and you will still get basted on the freeway by them turbo mitsubishi's. roll racing is what those ***s LOVE. and green light racing is what mustangs should love.
anyways:
gt40 or gt40p heads:250-300 depending on how well you can negotiate
Explorer intake 150$ (junkyard)
Summit longtube headers only if you get gt40p's (95$)
gaskets: 100
Oil:20
Coolant: 20
and gears if you can install them yourself: 189
have someone do them: 350$
thats around 950 with gt40 heads. you will have low 13 power for your highway racing, dont expect to run a low 13 tho. You will 60' over 2.2 and run high 13's.