Advice On My New Car! Please Help!

Vincent FRAZZITTA

Nov 25, 2017
So im about to purchase my first mustang. Its a 2004 gt with 91,000 miles. The asking price is 7200. It looks like its in verry good condition mint interior and basically mint exterior other then some stress cracks on the rear bumper. Engine bay is clean. It honestly looks to good to be true but the only thing worrying me is the ammount of miles it has. Its a car i would like to modify and i dont wana put money into it just for it to brake on me. I dont know how long these cars can last. I figured somone would be able to help me on here. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Pay no more than 6k if it's stupid clean. Less for any issues. There are tons of these cars out there and the value keeps going down.

To answer your question they are very good cars and reliable but they are getting older. 13 years is a long time. Expect to do maintenance items like ball joints and such.

I dont know how long these cars can last.
My 2000 GT has 240K miles. I fully expect to get another 100k miles doing nothing more than normal maintenance.

As mentioned above. It will take repairs and maintenance to reach the really high mileage. You can expect to do repairs like:
  • ball joints
  • timing chains at 150k miles
  • shocks
  • intake gaskets
  • cooling system service
  • rear end service. Especially if abused or not serviced.
  • Even more if you live in the rust belt (salt on the roads).
Honestly I don't see the logic in paying more for a great condition factory stock car and then modifing it. It seems like a really clean stock car should stay stock.

Find a car in need of repair. Pay less for it. Modify.

Stress cracks on the bumper sound like it's at least been "love tapped".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user