Afr 165s On 88 Fox

88scar50

Feb 23, 2016
I currently have 3.73s, shortys , hpipe, catback and a 93 cobra intake and 65mm accufab tb on my 88GT. Was thinking about putting a set of 165 AFRs on. Would this be worth putting on? Wasn't planning on doing a cam. What kind of power increase can I expect? Just trying to keep it as a quick streetable car. Possible blower addition down the line. Let me know. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

they are great heads. I have them on my car. matched with a good cam and rockers and expect around 300 rwhp. You really should install a cam while you have the heads off to take advantage of the better flow charachteristics. I would contact Ed Curtis at FTI and have him grind you a custom cam. If you want an OTS cam, hard to beat the TFS1. You will need to measure for new pushrods and also I would get a set of better rockers like FMS or Crane.

Reactions: 1 users
X2 on new cam and related hardware. If you stick with stock cam not going to see significant gains. Maybe 30hp? Pure guess based on a few others doing similar with tfs heads I've read about.