Aftermarket 28 Spline Axles

slow5.0gt

Aug 12, 2006
Those people with aftermarket 28 spline axles how have they held up for you?
How much stronger are they over stock? 33%?
Im not planning on running a slick with my car the closest Id get are nitto 555rs with 4.10 gears still debating on going n/a or supercharging it.

Id prefer not to go the 31 spline way just wanting to see how it worked out for people with aftermarket 28 splines, n/a or supercharging it

• Sponsors (?)

I've had 28 spline Alloy USA axles for almost 2 years now and I've had no problems with them. I highly suggest those for the price and warranty. I don't know for sure how much stronger they're over stock axles, but you can take my word that they can handle all the abuse you can threw at them, even with 315 Nitto drags.

28 Spline stock axles will hold up to 4.10's and Nitto Drags. MY Cobra ran that set up and still does for the past 7 years. No problems with axles, but the clutches in my diff got smoked from hard lauches and brake torques at the track.

When my shops rebuilt the diff, I put in 31 splines, but only because I had it apart and he had a killer deal on 31's. I sold my stock 28 spline axles for 150 bucks to a customer at work a few months later.

I wouldn't go 31 if you don't have to.

i have moser 28's. however, i couldnt tell you how good they are as my tires are crap until after i get this blower on. good question though on how much stronger then stock they are supposed to be.:shrug:

i was thinking about swapping mine out the first of this summer and i was going to do a whole rear end swap, going with the 31 spline since we'd be doing the gears at the same time. But id be better off going with aftermarket 28 spline with a set of 3.73s and could still be able to launch hard and not break stuff

I have 31spline mosers in mine and just twisted one at the track on 315 DR's. But then my buddy in his foxbody is running 10.40's on full slick with 28spline superior axles. sometimes it hit or miss, but on your application 28's should be fine.

Just keep something in mind the axles are not always what breaks in the rear end. My stock axles went about 150 passes on slicks w/5800 RPM launches with no problems. When I finally broke the differential shattered but the axles were perfectly fine.

My opinion would be to just save your money and have it ready in case you break or just go with a 31 spline diff and axles right off the bat.

Bill

Just keep something in mind the axles are not always what breaks in the rear end. My stock axles went about 150 passes on slicks w/5800 RPM launches with no problems. When I finally broke the differential shattered but the axles were perfectly fine.

My opinion would be to just save your money and have it ready in case you break or just go with a 31 spline diff and axles right off the bat.

Bill

Im just thinking if something were to break in my rear end the weakest link would be the axles correct? Just dont want to take the chance but I think ill just leave it as it is.. should be ok with nittos 555rs id be more worried about my tranny

Launching on stock axles and diff with a stock rear end is hit or miss. u'll either break right off the bat or later down the road. When i wanted to go with drags last year in may. I went ahead and bought the 31 spline moser axles , eaton diff , 4.10s and all the bearings and everything. I launched at the track 5-6 times on nitto's from 4k and above. It held up great. On the street ive launched 20-30 times. No problem what so ever. I now have 275 MT / ET streets. I have about 8 launches on the street with them. Still no problem. My set up is about 1 year old. In my opinion. Save your money and buy everything you need then launch on drags. No reason to take a risk with stock parts and break something. I just figured if i was going to change out my gears might as well do everything while its taken apart. Saves money down the road.