Aftermarket engine control options

Looking for options to control a 93 ho 5.0
The stock ecu is killed and the wiring is old. I’d like to go aftermarket on both so I know what I’m dealing with. Also keep in mind I may go with a turbo setup in the future.
Engine is in a 88 bronco ll that was not built by me. Wiring is not labeled or anything and is setup kind of weird but appears to be the stock fox body harness so I want to replace it so I know exactly what’s what.

• Sponsors (?)

So depends on what you want, holley makes a sbf setup with a harness for around 1200.

I personally run megasquirt products, what I did was use one of their ls harnesses and repin it for a sbf firing order... then I extended some of the wiring to fit my install. In this configuration I am using ls coil packs.

Speaking as a 'not so techie' hot rodder, let me say you guys make it sound, I don't want to say difficult but maybe daunting.
I also have been thinking about an aftermarket control system, what would be the most basic and cost effective system to use?

So depends on what you want, holley makes a sbf setup with a harness for around 1200.

I personally run megasquirt products, what I did was use one of their ls harnesses and repin it for a sbf firing order... then I extended some of the wiring to fit my install. In this configuration I am using ls coil packs.
Haven’t heard of that being done before. Wouldn’t mind more info on how you did this. I’ve looked into mega squirt and a painless harness. That would run around 1500 all together. The ls coils sounds more efficient than the old school dizzy setup tho.

8269BC7A-2CC2-4BF6-AD05-6AB04ED5CED4.jpeg
777309BA-B047-4245-A6E4-1E6A61260071.jpeg

I am using an ms3pro with harness. Makes life easy. Keep an eye out on facebook market or ms groups for people selling used or unused pieces. There is an ms3pro with goodies for sale on FB now for 1k

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking as a 'not so techie' hot rodder, let me say you guys make it sound, I don't want to say difficult but maybe daunting.
I also have been thinking about an aftermarket control system, what would be the most basic and cost effective system to use?
If your harness is in good shape...Megasquirt 2, i.e. used MS2PNP or used DIYPNP.
DIY's MS3's don't use the Foxbody factory 60-pin connector. PimPxs still does.
This is their MS2 version, startup tune burned, ready for your build's tuning.
$839.

I thought about upgrading to the PimPxs, but the MS2- DIYPNP does everything I need it to do.
It does not fit inside the kick panel but I mounted it under the glove box; easy to access & remove, if necessary.
Also easier to make mods & additions, since it was a kit to begin with.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user