Electrical Aftermarket Keyless entry

Aye_plus

Feb 28, 2013
I guess this 95 came with keyless entry at some point but it doesn’t work anymore. Can I purchase an aftermarket keyless entry kit, switch out the actuators and splice into the factory switches to gain this feature?

• Sponsors (?)

One clue to see if the car came with factory keyless is to lock the doors and lift the driver's side exterior door handle. If the interior light comes on, that indicates factory keyless.

You could get new fob(s) and program them (you undo the driver's side of the trunk liner to access the module for programming) if you think the module is good and the fob took a dump.

You can do an aftermarket keyless or alarm, splicing into the OEM wiring without changing actuators or anything else. Grab the wires under the driver's side door sill cover.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
The factory actuators don’t work anymore and the wiring for them is getting 2-3 volts on the driver side. I can’t get anything on the passenger. Either way, the box in the trunk is missing so the easiest option would be to go with something aftermarket. I’m just stuck now trying to get everything to sync up. I lock one door the other unlocks, I unlock with fob, passenger locks. I’ve wired this thing just about every way but I think I may have figured it out. The driver side isn’t responding to the fob and I think it may have something to do with me splicing the blue and green wires into the U/L switch. I think I need to run blue and green straight to the actuator (5 wire) and connect the brown and white wires sticking out of the keyless entry unit to the switch instead. It’s the only thing I haven’t tried.