Aftermarket X-pipe for 05-07.Will it fit 5.0 L Fox?

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
Simply that....will an aftermarket stainless steel offroad X-pipe for 05-07 stangs fit in any way on a 5.0 Fox?They threw one in the trash bin here at work because they had removed it off n 07 and put stocck pipe on so it could be sold legally.Dont ask me why they just threw it out.I dont know what brand name it is.but it looks to be good quality 304 stainles.I dont know what else to do with it.its sitting in my driveway.

• Sponsors (?)

Try it! I would jack your car up and crawl underneath with the pipe. If it looks like it will fit, then it probably will with easy mods. I suspect it might as the drivetrain is pretty much the same as the SN-95's had.

No.....you'd have to massacre it to fit. The manifold placement is completely different between the 5.0L OHV and the 4.6L 3V. Not to mention it's got all the wrong bends, in all the wrong places to fit the FOX underbody.

Your best bet.....take it, sell it and buy yourself the proper mid-pipe. You'll probably be able to get the same price for a used S197 mid-pipe, that it would cost you to buy a new FOX mid pipe.

ok..that's all I wanted to know.Didn't think it would fit but didn't hurt to ask.Thanks!
One thing I just noticed on the pipe was it had 3 O2 bungholes .....yeah..I said bunghole...hehe.2 on one side and 1 on the other.Weird if you ask me.Only thing is one of them looks a little stripped out.Probably get a $100 bucks or so.