Engine air condition vent temps

alutwon

Dec 10, 2020
Since I'm having a difficult time finding the information I want. What kind of vent temps is everyone getting out of these cars? It was 107 here today in Florida according to the real feel monitor on the news (95 actual) and my ac was holding fast at 48 on my way to work. I just did the whole ac system last month, new everything and weighed the freon, it still feels like it could be colder. Then again I know a 47 degree drop isn't bad.

• Sponsors (?)

You can leave a water hose running over the condenser and then run the system. If this has a significant effect on the temperature, then cooling across the condenser is the problem. This is how I figured out I needed more airflow across the condenser. I was getting 50 degrees on mine, but when I ran the water hose test, the temp went down to 38 degrees. I bought a small radiator fan and wired it with a relay to the A/C compressor clutch wiring. Now blows around 40-42.

You should be able to achieve low 40s with R134a with proper airflow over the condenser. Highway speeds it should be easy. If you are idling and in the 50s try spraying water like suggested. If the temp drops, you need a better fan setup. (like what was previously said by 93 Calypso)

Last edited: