Air conditioning A/C clutch always engaged with battery hooked up

Dongo68

Feb 14, 2011
Portland, OR
So I have recently replaced the CCRM (RCM-12) on my 2000 V6 3.8l, it was bad for no power to the secondary AIR injection pump (smog pump, electric pump, air pump) That all works great now, however, a few days later and possibly unrelated, now my A/C unit stays engaged no matter what :( at first it was intermittent, but now as soon as the battery is hooked up the clutch engages (ignition off and heater control to off) it clicks closed, what the hell?? I pulled the relays out in the eng bay fuse box, no change? Is it possible that I just got a bad part off the shelf? How do I make sure, does anyone have the wiring diagrams so I can isolate the power? Is there another RELAY somewhere that I can change out? I have visually inspected the wiring and it looks good. The A/C kept over pressurizing because the pump was always running, there should be a control relay or circuit that tells the pump to "cycle" on and off based on system pressure etc. HELP??? :shrug: please! I've never seen the A/C clutch just engage like that with the car off and the battery being reconnected. wierd.

• Sponsors (?)