Airbag Light

Fri Guy

15 Year Member
May 10, 2007
I hadn't started my 1990 GT in about a couple of months and yesterday after charging up the battery I fired it up. Everything seemed good other than my Airbag light was blinking. What are the most common issues that cause the light to blink? Is it anything to worry about it something I should address quickly?

• Sponsors (?)

The power supply module, is that just for the airbag or the car? Basically wondering if this will cause my car to be down in the near future.

Airbag only. Blue box mounted behind the HVAC controls. Won't affect the ability to drive.

1651592689681.png

Reactions: 1 user
When I got my 90GT going I had a code 4 air bag light. It was the sensor/module located behind the driver seat, under the quarter window, behind the trim. I simply unplugged it, cleaned the terminals and reconnected everything. No issues since - 5 years later. My car had been sitting disassembled for 14 years before restarting.

Reactions: 1 users
I have the code 6 light, from what I've read it's probably the clock spring. If I leave it alone will it cause any harm?
if the clockspring is bad it can affect the cruise control and horn , car will still run normally.
as they no longer make clocksprings for our cars there is a way to splice a 94/95 clockspring in.

if the clockspring is bad it can affect the cruise control and horn , car will still run normally.
as they no longer make clocksprings for our cars there is a way to splice a 94/95 clockspring in.
Thanks, I don't use the cruise control or horn. Hell I don't even drive the car but every once in a blue moon.