i HAD THE CAR DYNOED ON A DYNO JET
I DID TWO DYNO RUNS , ONE WITH NORMAL TIMING AND ONE WITH 3 DEGREES
I RAN 205 AND 207RWHP
I WILL POST THE DYNO SHEET LATER TODAY
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN
THANKS
JOHN :shrug: :shrug:
:shrug: :shrug: :notnice:

Timing? 3 degrees? Normal is 10 degress BTC. Are you talking about 13 degrees BTC?

And re-reading your sig, I agree with those above, that having the longtubes and the off road X, you really need a true dyno tune, not merely an off the shelf chip.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, with those pistons you may have shot your compression to you know where and back. Also were you #'s STD or SAE? I am with you 100% with all that money and mods I would be one ticked off sob with those #'s. Id go back to the shop and complain that it didnt click with them that a '01 Cobra with mods barely dynod over 200hp? WTF man, maybe at least they will give you another pull or something to see if they hooked something up wrong. If not go to another shop to figure out what is wrong, cause brother you issues somewhere!
Best of luck man!

johntekin said:
I have a 2001 cobra with forged internals, long tube headers, off road x pipe, glass pack mufflers, aftermarket throttle body, underdrive pullies, mach 1 cams, ported and polished inake and head, and a JMS chip to tie it all togeather
BUT AFTER ALL THESE HOURS AND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS I ONLY HAVE 207 RWHP ON THE DYNO MACHINE
I KNOW I AM AT 5500FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL, BUT THAT IS NO POWER!!!
ANY IDEAS WHY OR IS THAT NORMAL FOR A 01 COBRA WITH ALL THE BOLT ONS????
:bang: :bang: :bs: :bang: :shrug:

If your talking actual numbers, that's pretty normal at this altitude. If that's SAE then you're a little low... :nice:

Sam98 said:
If your talking actual numbers, that's pretty normal at this altitude. If that's SAE then you're a little low... :nice:
I remember a friends 01 that dyno'd around 225rwhp, uncorrected bone stock. 207 seems really low even for up here. Hell, there have been GTs dyno at almost that up here.

I'd also be curious to here what pistons you're running and call JMS(I think it was JMS) and get details on your tune.

i want to cry!!!!

thanks for all the thoughts guys. i cant get my scanner to work but i will post both my dyno runs when i get them.
To answer your questions my car does feel slower but that might be because i just replaced my old motor which had a procharger, to get this on with forged internals. WHAT A MISTAKE :mad: , but i can still tear up lots of other cobra in mine.
when i changed my sparkplugs, they had oil around the threads but nothing major.
IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE HEAD NOISE
but it doesnt add up because my tires still slip majorly into second
thanks
john :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

johntekin said:
thanks for all the thoughts guys. i cant get my scanner to work but i will post both my dyno runs when i get them.
To answer your questions my car does feel slower but that might be because i just replaced my old motor which had a procharger, to get this on with forged internals. WHAT A MISTAKE :mad: , but i can still tear up lots of other cobra in mine.
when i changed my sparkplugs, they had oil around the threads but nothing major.
IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE HEAD NOISE
but it doesnt add up because my tires still slip majorly into second
thanks
john :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

The first time I got my car on the dyno it only had 211 HP & 251.8 lb/ft with a blower. That seemed really low to me too, but there was a Corvette (about 78) with a 383 with headers, torker intake, cam, etc. and he was about 35HP lower. I don't know whether it is the altitude or perhaps a misalignment of the dyno but everyone's numbers seem to be low. :nice: