Almost done building my custom trailer for the Stang.........

D.Hearne

Sep 29, 2000
south louisiana
If I could post pics here I would. Started with a Jet Ski trailer, stripped it down to the basic frame, painted the frame a dark metal flake blue (closest thing to the car's Vista blue) Then mounted a 42" wide x 72" long x 16" high, diamond plate aluminum box to the frame, gonna order a triangular closed storage box to mount ahead of the open box. Fenders are also diamond plate aluminum. Bent them myself, still need to weld up the cuts where I bent the lips. Wheels are aluminum spokes with the centers painted semi-gloss black, chrome lugs, raised white letter 245/60/15's. Next road trip, I'll have room to carry camping gear in, besides cramming it all in the trunk and rear seat arealike last time. :nice: If anyone wants pics just email me and I'll send em.

• Sponsors (?)

why cant you post pics here?

note to all members: this will NOT become a flame war about pulling a trailer with a mustang. we have been down that road already. this is your only warning.

Ok, go to www.photobucket.com and lookup "baddad457" Got two pics there. I ordered a trailer tonque box made by Deflecta-Sheild to mount in the front, it too is diamond plate aluminum, and close to the same height as the box (15"-16") Still to finish: the tailgate and weld the cuts in the fenders where I bent the lips. Also need to figure what to do with the width of those lips, they didn't come out even after bending. :shrug: I doubt the whole trailer weighs more than 300 lbs.:nice:

all you need to do now is copy the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] codes, and paste the code into the reply. :nice:

View attachment 423978

000_0550.jpg

Have you seen the trailer that looks like a Mustang? It has the front end of a Mustang and the rear end of a Mustang. The trunk provides access. It has a front grill and everything. It's a neat looking trailer. And I think some company is producing them. Though you could build one from a wrecked car if you had the skills.

nycstang37 said:
sure bring it to NY and ill have no prob cleaning it, :D
sorry just a pet peeve about a clean stang, mines been in the rain all week, its driving me nuts!
The trucking company I work for is too cheap to pave it's parking lot,hence the mud splash behind the wheel wells. I try to drive the 89 V8 Ranger as much as I can to keep the dust and mud at bay on the Stang.